Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a favor to ask of you. I am currently a student at Yuba College and am a part of the Vet Tech program. We have a farm on campus, and the director of the program decided that he would like to start some hives over the summer. I was chosen to lead the project because I am a well known bee fanatic, and they also know that I have done some beekeeping (although I am very much a newbie). Meanwhile, I arranged to buy some nucs next week, and I had a classmate provide me with some boxes. However, the boxes are in poor condition, she didn't give me enough boxes, and there are no bottom boards.

So here is the favor I am asking: I was wondering if any local beekeepers would be willing to donate the college some deep supers (with bottom boards and lids please!) that are in good condition (especially because these are my first hives). I wouldn't also mind getting a few shallow supers. I would like to pick up these supers over the weekend since I will be getting my bees at the beginning of next week.

Thank you all for reading this and to anyone that is willing to help the college out.:D

Katie

·
Registered
440 Posts
Why not ask at Dadant in Chico, they may be willing to help the school out:
15 Valley Ct # C, Chico, CA 95973
(530) 893-0921

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Katie,
You might want to approach one of the larger apiaries (Strachan Apiares, YC) to see if they might donate a couple of complete hives.

Another option for Woodenware might be Mann Lake in Woodland.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've decided to take on the challenge of building hives, since my carpenter brother turned long haul truck driver is home for the weekend! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts