Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to put a bee escape on my supers and wait a day. On the leftover bees I decided to use a leaf blower. Boy did that work well! Upon investigation I noticed that I had some brood in my honey supers (yes, no queen excluder used).

First question...What if my queen was up there and I blew her out????? Will she return?

Second quetsion... All the bees that were blown out I assume were never orientated to the hive. Are they lost forever? I did blow them out next to the hive.

Thanks for all your help!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Bee Go! Yes, it stinks! So what? Dog poop stinks too, but millions of people have dogs pooping in their yards. Bee Go works as advertised. Just keep the fume boards outside with your dog poop!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I am interested to know, what type of bee escape did you use? The bees would not leave the brood, it's instinct. You will have to monitor for eggs and brood if you cannot locate your queen. You don't have to see her as long as there are eggs being laid. The bees will probably find their way home.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a typical triangle bee escape I bought from Brushy Mountain. It works quite well at getting rid of a lot of bees in a day. The remaining bees were blown off with a blower. Like I said above, that worked real well. The only bees that stuck around were stuck to the honey from the comb that was broken when I separated the supers.

I know beego stinks, I have some and didn't really want to deal with that. The blower worked great, but I'm wondering if my queen was up there and I blew her off, would she head right back to the hive or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts