Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to the bee yard today to add a super to my only strong hive. I decided to take a peek at one of the 3 troubled new hives I have been dealing with since april 11. I popped the inner cover and saw that all frames are drawn and great population. This Hive had no eggs or brood and was queenless. expectations were low. I pull the end frame to see what was going on. Not only did I see a patch of capped brood, but I saw the queen. This hive had queen cells right from the get go. I was told by all you pro's," don't sweat it, they are making a new one." One very experienced beekeeper even told me the date that I would start seeing larvae. today, was the first day that I got to see it first hand.... a new queen! AND to top it all off, they are ready for another brood chamber! I am so freakin happy right now. I know they make a new queen and I understand the whole supercedure process, but to actually see it first hand. I can't thank this forum enough for coaching me through the whole process. Thank you.
todd

·
Registered
235 Posts
Woo hoo! Been right where you are, more than once.... ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good to hear!
I'm only in my 3rd year and there have been several times I thought a hive was in trouble and possibly queenless only to find a packed productive hive a few weeks later.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
OMG...I hope my bees have read the same book:) Waiting till mid June in hopes of seeing brood.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
trottet1>>>>
I'm happy for you man. You've worked hard to keep things going and here's a little pay off.
Keep up the good work.
clyderoad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts