Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way into the driveway today coming home from work, all the bees from the colonies were flying. It is a cloudy day and will rain soon I think.

Anyway, on the way to pick up my wife from work, I drove by the hives and I noticed one of my big hives with tons of bees flying around. I thought they were swarming. I wanted to sit and watch but had to pick up the wifey.

So on the way back home, I went by the wives and everything was back to normal. I looked up in the trees to see if they swarmed or not but I didnt find anything.

I did notice a bunch of bees on the gravel in front of theh ives. They were a lot of yellow jackets.

SO I wonder if the jellow jackets tried to get in and all the bees came out to defend. I do have an entrance reducer on which will help.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Do a search on here for yellow jacket/wasp traps.I find they come out in force when the flow is over and are a big problem for the girls.I set out a half dozen of these traps out and find I have to change them out about every week.A strong hive should be able to defend itself but...
Give them a try and see if they help out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts