Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in central Alabama. This year I moved a few of my hives to my hunting lease. Why? It's 1000 acres COVERED in blackberries. Wanted to see if I could get a big head start on the flow.

So I harvested today. The first 6 frames I extracted, literally, had yellow honey. Very clear and a very mild taste. Pardon me if this sounds vulgar, but the color in the jar looks just as if you've given a urine sample at the doctor!! Sorry, but it's the only color I can describe!

So, is this the result of the early season blackberry flow? I can't seem to find any pics or descriptions of what actual blackberry honey looks like. I've posted a couple of pics that don't even come close to showing how yellow/clear the honey is. What are you guys' thoughts?

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/theriverhawk/Newhoney.jpg

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/theriverhawk/Newhoney4.jpg

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Looks IDENTICAL to mine...blackberry baby......and its AWESOME

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
A. It is easier to see what the color might be if it were in a honey jar.
B. Promote the pure blackberriness out of it and don't give it away cheaply. Unless that is what you do w/ your honey.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I am selling mine for 9.00 a 1/2 pint or basically a pund and its going like mad. had to stop the 10yr old so I would have some reserve for me....LOL

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
This is RIGHT after we put it in, bubbles hadn't even setteld down yet. Clear as it can be now, but YELLOW(pee yellow that is)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Looks like light amber to me. Back light your jars of honey when taking pics of them and it will be easier to see what the color is.

·
Registered
706 Posts
looks like great honey to me. Nothing worng with the color I can tell. If you see my late harvest of knotweed it looks like motor oil.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
This was our first ever honey...oh how i cherish it...LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts