Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,226 Posts
OMFG! The "save the bee" crowd has gone totally mental.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think its silly too, BUT, long term is actually really positive.

If non-beekeepers go around with these silly devices and realize after using them that bee pollinators are not violent sting machines it would help out in long term policy making. You want as many positive experiences as possible for people so that bee regulations are positive as well.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I seriously doubt the makers of this gimmick believe this drivel. Go Fund Me account to expand says it all.

Alex

·
Registered
915 Posts
I think its silly too, BUT, long term is actually really positive.

If non-beekeepers go around with these silly devices and realize after using them that bee pollinators are not violent sting machines it would help out in long term policy making. You want as many positive experiences as possible for people so that bee regulations are positive as well.
I want non-beeks to think they are violent stinging machines.....I put an empty hive on my porch while I'm on vacation, keeps the non-beeks away, most are too scared to even check if it's inhabited. Even better if you put a couple of frames of honey, bees are over it all week long.

LJ - :lpf: .... We won't hold it against you :gh:

So let me get this straight for $5 I can get a card that will feed 3 starving bees so they can (very unlikely) return to their hive and a productive life. They will be returning to a hive of 30-60,000 bees, about 14,000 of wich turn over every 7 days or so.....SIGN ME UP! PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!! :lpf: I have to hand it to this guy, he has raised about $32,000.00 with this shenanigans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts