Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Not sure if you know, but we here at Saga magazine (if you're from the US, it's one of the largest mags in the UK and mainly for over-50s) are sponsoring the BBKA's Adopt a Beehive scheme. Every month over the summer I'm running bee-related features in the mag (a bee artist in the May issue and in June an interview with Britain's only professor of Apiculture. July is top secret but REALLY good!). We also have a bee 'blog' in the mag and online with the very funny Bill Turnbull of BBC breakfast TV fame.
So do have a look if you'd like to - we've even managed to turn the cursor into a bee when you go on the site! (Erm, but we haven't managed to work out how to turn it off yet. Sorry!)
The idea behind the 'adopt' scheme was to give concerned bee-lovers like me (I'm the editor, Katy) a chance to help the plight of the honey-bee, who couldn't actually keep them themselves. Cough up £29.50 (it's a great present) and you adopt a hive and get all kinds of things like a jar of honey, a newsletter, etc.
Do have a look - hope you enjoy!
www.saga.co.uk/homeandlifestyle/gardening/wildlife-watch/adopt-a-beehive.asp
www.saga.co.uk/homeandlifestyle/gardening/bee-blog/archive.asp

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Let us know how this works out for you. Be interesting to know what kind of a response you get from your readership. Thanks for the info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts