Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made a website to view Optimal Inspection times for locations:
https://www.inspectnext.com/

Would a similiar service, where you sign up, and I send you a summary of the week's (or day, whichever frequency you choose) Optimal/viable inspection times, help you at all in commercial beekeeping?

I think my site is a decent tool for beginner beekeepers, but I want to create something that is more helpful in a larger scale. Do you think this is a viable service, or is it lacking features and if so which?

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
If you can accurately predict the weather more than 15 minutes from now in Wisconsin, Sure. We have a slogan, if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes.

Crazy Roland

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Just checked for Hustisford Wisconsin, way off. Too cold to open hives today.

Do you plan to work in algorithims for time/temperature/sunlight/rain???? That would be interesting if you could predict honey gains.

Crazy Roland

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I have made a website to view Optimal Inspection times for locations:
https://www.inspectnext.com/

Would a similiar service, where you sign up, and I send you a summary of the week's (or day, whichever frequency you choose) Optimal/viable inspection times, help you at all in commercial beekeeping?

I think my site is a decent tool for beginner beekeepers, but I want to create something that is more helpful in a larger scale. Do you think this is a viable service, or is it lacking features and if so which?
I am somewhat offering an opinion here ...
Most commercials, have a "way" now. often they have a feel or just need to do the work any way.
I do not see a commercial looking at an app and doing things based on that, Especially when the weather on TV is often wrong.
You are looking to leverage weather "models" and an APP.
Maybe in 10 years with lower orbiting weather stations and 5G it works, but today, I think folks use it , it is not accurate, they toss it.

GG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked for Hustisford Wisconsin, way off. Too cold to open hives today.

Do you plan to work in algorithims for time/temperature/sunlight/rain???? That would be interesting if you could predict honey gains.

Crazy Roland
Hello Roland,

Was the weather temp off, or the "optimal/viable" prediction? Always looking for help to improve.

I would absolutely love to expand into some AI/alogirthms, Though it would be a substantial undertaking and without users it would not be feasible. I am just hoping to make lifes easier for the new/hobby beekeeper for now and hopefuly expand in the future.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
The temp was off, Predicted higher than actual.

Yes, ussualy the schedule is pretty set, just dodge the bullets(thunder storms). We do use live radar , and have gone South when the storms went North, etc.

I you want to play with numbers, start tracking and totalizing the product of time, temperature and sunlight. Then calculate in a fudge factor to NOT count the 3 days AFTER a day rain, but not a night rain. And then another fudge factor when it gets too hot, or too dry . We can ussualy guess the nectar flow, but not always.

Crazy Roland

1 - 7 of 7 Posts