Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I read this last night. Good info.
Maybe this will get the honey bandits on the run. I believe we have one of these types in my area. The labeling in just vague enough to deceive but still factual enough to be legal.
If the cost of testing isn't prohibitive, I may purchase a jar and have it tested, so I will know.

Alex

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I guess I'll go back to setting up Honey-In-The-Comb for at least some of my crop. Even 3-D printers can't fake the real thing. The square sections of wood are expensive, a bit of a pain, the method is the most intensive beekeeping (a balancing act between swarming and packing honey away so tight that the bees fill every corner), it is nowhere near as financially rewarding even at >$20/ounce.

But there is ZERO doubt that it is REAL HONEY.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I guess I'll go back to setting up Honey-In-The-Comb for at least some of my crop. Even 3-D printers can't fake the real thing. The square sections of wood are expensive, a bit of a pain, the method is the most intensive beekeeping (a balancing act between swarming and packing honey away so tight that the bees fill every corner), it is nowhere near as financially rewarding even at >$20/ounce.

It still can be faked by feeding sugar syrup. Sad.

Alex

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

Nowhere near as financially rewarding even at >$20/ounce?
Why not?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts