Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hive four .. struggling nuc finally starting to take off with all the golden flowers popping up. Now if will just stop raining i can hope for massive growth and a early season split of this hopeful cell is ever filled. hive4515check.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
Look again at the cells. They are too big to be empty queen cups. Also on my phone screen it looks like jelly or even a larva may be present. I'd hate for you to be waiting for something that you already have and lose a swarm.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sunday is the day to make "arrangements" ......thanks for the good eyes out there...thank you

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG... ok so did a peek today...THREE CAPPED CELLS .. one of my hives is (was) bursting with 6 frames of capped brood .. So today, I took the plunge, and moved the queen, frame of pollen, frame of nectar and empty frame and one about to hatch out frame of brood. Two shakes of bees and prayed for the best... The hive was augmented with a frame of brood and some replacement frames. After removing the frame that had two cells into a nuc with some neighbor bees with pollen frame, open nectar frame and capped brood. I will see how things go Sunday. i may cut off the extra cells and take some bees and capped brood and roll the dice once more..
Thanks again for the good eyes and great advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts