Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a specific info.
Somebody posted somewhere here (few days ago) a pic of special pliers which he is using to tighten and wind wire on the frame. I remember those pliers had rollers on the tips. Can that person please help me since I am trying to find that pic. I am also wandering where did he buy those pliers from and what is its name? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
If you needs help in tighting them pm me and I will tell you how. I just did over 50.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I took Michael's design a step further. I had a shaft welded to the top of each jaw of the lineman's pliers, leaving the full length of jaw unscathed. I then had a hammer added to the top of one jaw, so I have a puller, bender, crimper, cutter and hammer all in one tool. I can't post a picture right now, since I haven't found web space at my new ISP. You can email for a picture.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you needs help in tighting them pm me and I will tell you how. I just did over 50.
Eaglerock I sent you pm.

beegee I sent you also pm. Thanks to all.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
>I then had a hammer added to the top of one jaw, so I have a puller, bender, crimper, cutter and hammer all in one tool.

You should market that. I didn't think of it, but I suppose one could use fencing pliers that already have a hammer, cutter etc on it and convert them. But they are expensive. I bought the cheapest lineman pliers I could find (cheap Chinese junk).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took Michael's design a step further. I had a shaft welded to the top of each jaw of the lineman's pliers, leaving the full length of jaw unscathed. I then had a hammer added to the top of one jaw, so I have a puller, bender, crimper, cutter and hammer all in one tool. I can't post a picture right now, since I haven't found web space at my new ISP. You can email for a picture.
Can you post a picture so we can see that versatile utility tool?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Photobucket.com will host your picts for free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts