Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I've used simple plastic window screening fastened tight to a wood frame. Easy to remove, freeze & crumple for harvesting. Robbers can't get through it.

I'll be making some more this weekend.

Wayne

·
Registered
204 Posts
What is propolis used for? I sure no not to get any on my camera again. I worked hard to get it off and never did get it 100% clean.

Greg

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,171 Posts
>about the same results harvest wise?

Yes. Either one, you roll it up and put a large rubber band on it and put it in the freezer in a garbage bag. Take it out and unroll it in the back and the propolis flies off. Dump it out of the bag while it's still frozen into whatever container you like.

·
Registered
915 Posts
That looks about the same size I'm using, they have a few spots of propolis on it but I would say only about 5-10% of the screen. I suspect it will get a lot more as time goes on. It has been on the hive for almost 5 weeks now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I am planing to build my own propolis grid. Did they worked last year or were they too small? Perhaps somebady knows if i can use any grid, like for mosquito protection..
greetings

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,171 Posts
The frame will only get in the way. Just put the window screen directly on the top bars and peel it off. Roll it up and put a rubber band on it and put it in a garbage bag. When it is frozen, remove the rubber band and expand it inside the bag. The propolis will fly off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The frame will only get in the way. Just put the window screen directly on the top bars and peel it off. Roll it up and put a rubber band on it and put it in a garbage bag. When it is frozen, remove the rubber band and expand it inside the bag. The propolis will fly off.
Thanks for the reply! So i will just use the window screens. But there is time till August/september :)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Look for some restaurant supply house for bar mat. Plastic about 5/16 holes in it as I remember.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts