Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Wow, My hives still have dandelions, & allysum blooming around them. The bees work the allysum a lot, but not the dandelions.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Great pictures! I slogged through 15 inches of snow today to see my hives and they look very similar to yours. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wine,

You can copy that thumbnail tag underneath the picture and post it, in this message box. Or you can use the HTML tag button on the message options here on the forum the copy the code from photobucket and past it in that tag that this forum creates. Real easy after you understand how to do it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have painted my hives a little darker, but they will still have that much snow on them in April. Merry Christmas everyone and all the best Tony

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Us "southerners" so rarely get this opportunity. Guess the life cycle of the hive starts again from tomorrow forward for the bees.
When I've been in VA with y'all...did I get that right this time :)...we've always laughed about winter...mine and yours. And now it's your turn. We have 2" and you have a foot and a half. We'll have to ski out to Charlie's hive on the WH lawn.

Happy Melting Day
Mike

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Great photos.
The bees within the hives certainly do have an insulating blanket of snow.
Now would be a great time to go over to the Beesource.com's data/information sheet and study the characteristic movements of a wintering cluster.

Ernie

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mr. Palmer your ya'll looks good but the apostrophe was in the wrong place. :D

You should have used a sentence with "ain't" in it.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weather sure is topsy turvey this year so far. My hives had brood at the end of November!

y'all...did I get that right this time :)
Yankee Pink diaper baby that I am, makes me hardly qualified to confirm, but since I married a Southerner, I feel confident to say you are getting it!

We'll have to ski out to Charlie's hive on the WH lawn.
Those would be some beautiful photos, but we are so unprepared for snow storms down here that Federal government agencies are CLOSED today. You must get a big laugh out of that!

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
The precise time of the solstice today is 12:47 EST for those who would like to run outside and pay homage to Ra. I plan on being in McDonalds finishing off one of those sausage egg McMuffin things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts