Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here is a question that I have, what do I do with the supers of winter unused honey as the poplar flow will be upon us here in northwest NC in a couple of weeks????

Question #2

How close to the hive do honeybees forage, I have 4 hives on an apple orchard and they are only 50 yards from the trees, does this have any effect on the way they forage????

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So here is a question that I have, what do I do with the supers of winter unused honey as the poplar flow will be upon us here in northwest NC in a couple of weeks????

Thanks for help
And one more question, how close to the hive do honeybees forage, I have 4 hives at a friend's apple orchard and they are only 50 yards from the trees, does this have any effect on foraging????

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
extract the honey, you can use it or feed it back to the bees at a later date. 2 inches to 2 miles or more, the closer the forage the faster they can fill the comb.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
>what do I do with the supers of winter unused honey as the poplar flow will be upon us

Use it for splits, or exstract it for you, then give the supers back fo they can fill them again.

>How close to the hive do honeybees forage
Bees will work flowers right next to the hive.

>I have 4 hives on an apple orchard and they are only 50 yards
Your bees will be all over them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts