Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Burlington, MA. Langs
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you all fair well in the storm here in MA.
Talk about a Whollop
Here is a pic at 5am and I think this is the protected side of the house.
I took the pic because of the Wave on the railing and thought it looked cool.
Automotive window part Windshield Hood

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
2 ½ feet here in Western Catskills; wading through the snow to check hives the snow was over my knees, with huge drifts!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I heard that upstate NY got hammered. I went out and brushed the snow off the openings, which still have snow in them but they can move it when they want to get out. Might be a few days with our temps anyway

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,882 Posts
Y'all have fun with the white stuff. Weather forecast here is for flurries, no accumulation. Idiots here do not understand black ice. Over 200 wrecks this morning in VA on otherwise clear pavement.

·
Registered
Burlington, MA. Langs
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We only got about 13" I called out of work ;) They said I 'Didn't have to if I don't want to'

I guess you all in NY got a Whollop !

·
Registered
Burlington, MA. Langs
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, be ready for more up and down weather this week.

I am REALLY feeling sorry for my poor bees.
1st year they get a Drought and Wacky Winter
:(

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Yes. Supposed to be near 50 all week! Keep an eye out on your stores. They might start brood and be using a lot of energy to keep it warm. Last year they started early as well.

·
Registered
Burlington, MA. Langs
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. Supposed to be near 50 all week! Keep an eye out on your stores. They might start brood and be using a lot of energy to keep it warm. Last year they started early as well.
:( Le Sigh, I am using dry sugar as it is easy for my screened quilt box. Got a 50# bag last week

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
:( Le Sigh, I am using dry sugar as it is easy for my screened quilt box. Got a 50# bag last week
Me too. I made sugar bricks this past fall and those have been on since November. They aren’t up in them yet, but they are there.
I’m going to order some pollen to have on hand soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts