Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
447 Posts
Re: Will QMP (Temp Queen strip) interfere with laying work solution

No idea on your question but but my only worker laying hive experience required introduction of a new queen to fix. Kept introducing eggs and they would not raise a queen with them. Perhaps the QMP will get them to stop supporting the laying worker so that you can get them to raise a queen from eggs after removal, if not during.

I knew the new queen was the fix for me almost immediately. The next day there were a bunch of eggs on the mite board that I presume were the laying worker eggs cleaned out by other workers in preparation for the new queen.

· Registered
447 Posts
Re: Will QMP (Temp Queen strip) interfere with laying work solution

I have not seen many references to the successful acceptance of a new queen by a laying worker hive. Donations of viable open brood 3 or more times seems to be quite successful. Was your introduction of a replacement queen after having put in a number of frames of brood?
Yes, I had put frames of eggs in for a few weeks but they were still laying multiple eggs per cell. I got a new queen and made a push in cage for her and left her on some capped brood for a week or two. On introduction though, all the laying worker eggs were cleaned out of the cells.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.