Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
Member since 2012
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Will QMP (Temp Queen strip) interfere with laying work solution

This early spring has messed a lot of things up. One colony virgin queen didnt get mated properly and now i have a laying worker nightmare.

I added a fresh temp queen strip with the hopes that it might supress the laying worker.

I guess if I introduce a frame of eggs, they wont think they are queenless with the strip in here.

Will the queen madibular pheremone prevent the bees from making another queen?

Any ideas?

· Premium Member
Member since 2012
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Will QMP (Temp Queen strip) interfere with laying work solution

No idea on your question but but my only worker laying hive experience required introduction of a new queen to fix. Kept introducing eggs and they would not raise a queen with them. Perhaps the QMP will get them to stop supporting the laying worker so that you can get them to raise a queen from eggs after removal, if not during.

I knew the new queen was the fix for me almost immediately. The next day there were a bunch of eggs on the mite board that I presume were the laying worker eggs cleaned out by other workers in preparation for the new queen.
A new queen has not been the solution straight away i have seen over the years... i think adding a frame of brood every week has fixed the issue eventually but it is as bad as beeing stung or worse because this problem lasts for a very long time. The colony is doomed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.