Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a hive and placed a divider in and put entances on opisit sides than placed anothe deep on it and on that divider i made it a double screen i will put another deep with a divider also in that deep to give me 12 frames on each side than i want to place suppers on that i hope that will work, i plan on taking a hive that needs requeened and running this untill honey flow is over and than killing the old queen will this work, i have done the two queen befor on top of each other but it is too much work i hope this will be less labor any sugg.?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
some people run their two queens side by side in 10 frame boxes, then stack the suppers in the middle. a nuc migratory top can be used on the left & right side to cover the open space.

If I'm understanding what you're hoping to accomplish.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
So, you will be having two split deeps each containing queens therefore two brood boxes. Then putting supers on top of that. I am in my first year so sorry if I am off topic. I just want to understand different 'keeping styles.
My questions are:
Will that be enough brood area? (will the queen stay below the supers)
Will there be a queen excluder between the supers and brood boxes?
What if the excluder is not used and the supers are accessible to both colonies?
Why is a two queen hive a lot of work?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts