Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
NOPE - bee package is too tall. But you can use the method of two mediums and use half the frames in the upper and half in the lower and then when taking out the package box just adjust the frames from the top to bottom and remove extra hive body at that time. Or another way would be to measure package box, then build a shim a little taller than needed to get above the package box give them at least an inch extra. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know how big your packages are but I remove the feed can then remove the queen cage and rubber band it to a frame in the brood box. then I lay the package on its side across the frames and put on an empty medium super an inner cover and a telescoping top. there is plenty of room for this method and in a few hours I open it up and remove the package box and medium super and put on the inner cover and tele cover and am good to go. I have installed at least 12 packages this way and it has worked well for me. the dead bees stay in the package box and the rest of them move to the queen. I have shaken them in and that works too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts