Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
silly response: Does this mean I won't be able to continue the affair with my honey? :lpf:

serious response: What's it going to take to get a bill like this on the federal level to end all these imports of adultered honey at the ports before they come into the country at all?

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
It would also set up a process for the state to certify the products of state beekeepers like Fulton as pure Wisconsin honey - with the costs covered by placing fees on the producers and stretching existing agency budgets.

so would out of state usa honey have to be tested also b/4 being sold in WI?

mike syracuse

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here is the Ohio Revised Code wording on honey.

"3715.38 Prohibitions regarding honey.
No person shall sell, offer, or expose for sale any product that is:

(A) In the semblance of honey and labeled, advertised, or otherwise represented to be honey if it is not honey;

(B) In the semblance of honey and contains a label that applies the word “imitation” to the product, regardless of whether it contains any honey;

(C) In the semblance of honey and is a blend of honey and other ingredients that contains a label with the word “honey,” or any picture, drawing, or other representation implying honey, when such word, picture, drawing, or representation is more prominently displayed than the word “blend” or other word clearly implying the existence of other ingredients.

Effective Date: 10-31-1975"

Can we be sure that our honey is pure? What happens of the UN or WHO changes their definition of what honey is? What happens if the honey that we sell is found to have some very small traces of the chemicals that are used to keep honey bees healthy or chemicals that are sprayed on crops? We have to watch what we define here. It could come to the point that no one can sell pure honey as it doesn't exist by definition anymore.

I know we make laws for what seems to be a good reason. However, I am not a person that agrees with "There should be a law against that" attitude. Pretty soon, everything will be illegal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts