Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, on my way home yesterday, the 06 Ford Expedition decided to do a full engine failure on me for no reason. Has 80k miles. I decided i have had enough with this thing, I wanna go look for a new truck. Found a Toyota Tundra...LOADED, that i loved. I let them appraise mine and they wanted to talk numbers. I said guys, I am gettig a quote from ford for an F-150...an F-250 Diesel and the Tundra(sorry guys, not a gmc or a dodge fan). Call me today at about 1:30 and let me know what you can do for me, I HAVE to go get my son. We will have to do this deal over the phone if the price is right.... The dealership was 40 minutes from his school. As i type, I have recieved no phone call.....If someone called me and said i wanna spend 38k for a new truck, will you get me some numbers, I think, especially in todays market when they cannot give them away, that you would make an effort to call someone back......they have JUST lost my business.......I guess i don't understand......jeez......

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Ahh, the lost art of customer follow-up and satisfaction:scratch:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in a time where Yota is struggling, you'd think they would pay attention.....

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
It's not the brand. That's the car industry. They all do it. The key is to get you in the dealership. Unless you have bought many cars from the same person you are not going to get the deal over the phone. Even if you do once you go in things change.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DOn't know a whole lot Ham, but bought my last one over the internet. Nothing changed. Bought my Landrover over the Net too. Nothing changed. Its a customer service thing, and its a LOT more common now these days. Sorry Brook, i refuse to get that gas Mileage...LOL.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Ford, Dodge, Chevy and GMC trucks are all rated above the Tundra by Consumer Reports (Apr 2009 issue). Personally, I lean toward the Fords (got two F150's in the family), but I have no complaints about my '96 Chevy 2500 with 210k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
9,105 Posts
A 2006 and you're dumping it??

Have you gotten an estimate on the problem?

As a driver of old iron (and no payments) I'd fix
that fancy new one.;)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I have an 07 Tundra and it is a beast. Nothing touches it. I have driven Dodges, Chevy's (currently drive an 09 for work and it can't even compare to the Tundra) and Fords. I haven't met anyone that owns a Tundra that would drive anything else given the chance. If I had to buy something else I would go with Ford. The Chevy really stinks...not tight, lots of road noise, really really cheap steal (it's peeling back in the wheel wheels already at less then 20k). My last Toyota had 225k on it when I traded it in on the Tundra and I other then scheduled maintenance I never had a single problem with it. Oh...The Tundra was nominated for the North American Truck of the Year award and was Motor Trend magazine's Truck of the Year in 2000 and 2008. Currently the Tundra is assembled in San Antonio, Texas, where production was consolidated in 2008.

Just so you know...all the "US" made trucks are now being assembled in Mexico...so if you really want to help out Americans with buying a car...help those Texans out and buy a Tundra.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I haven't met anyone that owns a Tundra that would drive anything else given the chance. If I had to buy something else I would go with Ford.
Same here. I have many friends that drive Tacoma's and Tundra's. The wouldn't trade them for anything. I'm a Ford guy myself. Though I will look at the Tundra next time I get ready to buy a truck.

...so if you really want to help out Americans with buying a car...help those Texans out and buy a Tundra.
Thank You for your support. :D

·
Premium Member
9,105 Posts
Does the Tundra come in a 1 ton??

I have had a couple of the smaller Toyotas and
still have an '88 with 300K on it. Runs like a top.

The smaller Toyotas are just too uncomfortable
to sit in for long trips though. Too low on the seat.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a 3/4 ton. The one I am looking at is a Nice'n..LOL. Fully loaded. They upped the suspension in the rear to get you over the 1/2 ton and make hauling easier. Don't get me wrong, Ford has never done me wrong. But every vehicle I have owned thus far,Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Pontiac....has fallen apart after 60k. I am so tired of buying vehicles and told my wife I am done. If i cannot get what i want the first time, then i won't get anything. My dad has 280k on his 4 runner, and 125 on his tundra. ONLY thing he has ever had to do is a timing belt on the runner..... Headed to the dealer in about 30 minutes to see if we can finish this deal......OOD price of 39k..0% finanncing...

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I have an 07 Tundra and it is a beast. Nothing touches it. I have driven Dodges, Chevy's (currently drive an 09 for work and it can't even compare to the Tundra) and Fords. I haven't met anyone that owns a Tundra that would drive anything else given the chance. If I had to buy something else I would go with Ford. The Chevy really stinks...not tight, lots of road noise, really really cheap steal (it's peeling back in the wheel wheels already at less then 20k). My last Toyota had 225k on it when I traded it in on the Tundra and I other then scheduled maintenance I never had a single problem with it. Oh...The Tundra was nominated for the North American Truck of the Year award and was Motor Trend magazine's Truck of the Year in 2000 and 2008. Currently the Tundra is assembled in San Antonio, Texas, where production was consolidated in 2008.

Just so you know...all the "US" made trucks are now being assembled in Mexico...so if you really want to help out Americans with buying a car...help those Texans out and buy a Tundra.
Glad you love your Tundra. I've had vehicles I've loved, and vehicles I've hated, and the former is a much better feeling.

That said, yes, Tundra was Truck of the Year in 2000 & 2008, but F150 had it 2004 & 2009, Silverado had it in 1999, 2001, & 2007 and Dodge Ram in 2003 & 2010. Tends to go round-robin with product cycles.

As for the U.S. trucks being assembled in Mexico, that's flat out wrong. GM trucks are produced in Flint, MI & Ft Wayne IN. Rams are built in Warren MI, and I'm not sure if production has resumed in St. Louis, MO. Ford trucks are built in Dearborn, MI and Kansas City, MO.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
One major issue I keep hearing around here about the new Toyota trucks is the traction control. If you are off road when it is muddy you need to spin the tires to clean them out so you can move. Well the traction control will not let you spin the tires so you end up being stuck and need a Chevy to pull you out. The new toyotas look nice and ride nice but the traction control sucks. The gas mileage isn't very good with the V8 either(compared to Chevy).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts