Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from western colorado. In my new first time TBH, with observation windows, I see workers come in with pollen and then see all this rapid shaking once on the comb. Is this part of the communication I remember reading about back in high school? It is pretty cool to watch, and I'm sure there is a reason. Not too warm here yet...in the seventies. Please inform the unfortunate newee...thnx.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's a dance they do to tell the other bees where nectar and pollen is. Ask questions,,,the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mike hello from the other side of the mountains. I've got two top bars here going into our 2nd year. Split each one into Langstroths this spring. Try to identify and record the pollen types coming in per time of the year to better understand what is blooming/booming in your area. We often get late frosts on this side of the Rockies which will kill all blooms, typically this is our fruit trees. Most years the dandelions are happening at the same time and survive real well.
Fabian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts