Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on vacation last week down in orlando and saw several hives just off of I-4 around mile-marker 41 on the right side if you're headed toward Orlando, and had me wondering if they're anyone's bees that's on here. I couldn't get an accurate count since traffic was moving along at a good clip, but I think I saw about 10 or 12 hives. I would have asked while still on vacation to see if I could get a tour, but I got sick as a dog and didn't want to pass anything along.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
There have been thousands of hives moved into Florida in the past few weeks for the orange blossom and more coming. Next time your in central FL give me a buzz i'm only about 45 minutes east of O-town.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Funny how our minds all work the same.I just had to make a run to Arkansas and a few miles west of where I55 runs into I40 I passed a house that had hives layed out in a big L shape,probably 20 or so.I was wondering if they belonged to anyone on here.I also spotted around 5 hives just past Simpsonville Ky. on interstate 64 and I saw a few other hives on the side of Western Kentucky Parkway. Anyone here claim those?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts