Registered
1,243 Posts
Re: Wo ships queen cells

In Australia nobody post cells - they are too fragile

·
Registered
55 Posts

nobody ships cells, they need to be held at 93-95 degrees F. You would have to go pick them up. Time is short now so don't waste to much time. I my neck of the woods the drones will be banished in the next 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

nobody ships cells
That is completely untrue, just very few ship them in hobbyist quantity, HRA being one of them http://www.honeyrunapiaries.com/nwc-queens/orders/#cells

The Miksa family has been at it for a very long time, they have no need to advertise or even have a web site, customers beat a path to their door http://www.wicwas.com/sites/default/files/articles/American_Bee_Journal/ABJ2009-06.pdf

-480 cells shipped= $1920
-480 queens shipped=$7,200
-Occasionally you get 90%+ with cells and sometimes you get 50% just like sometimes you can get 99% mated queens good and other times it may be 80% after a month goes by and they get superceded anyway.
-Shipping cells works for me otherwise I wouldn't being doing it for the 4th year.
I just got through 120 nucs that i made 21 days ago with cells shipped from miksas i had a 82% take i think it would have been better but some of the hives that i split from were not that great and i can tell those are a high % of the ones that didnt take. this is the second year i have gotten shipped cells from them always been happy so far.
Nick

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

nobody ships cells,
That was my thought too - well, that no-one in their right mind would ever think about shipping a queen cell - and was most surprised to read msl's post.
For personal collection, ok - but I still think shipping Q/C's is the craziest idea I've ever heard. Far too risky.
LJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts