Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to beekeeping in this area (was in western WA) and am wondering if anyone knows what my bees could be hauling in? I noticed yesterday they have a pretty large amount of pale yellow and bright orange pollen coming in. I have been out and about trying to see what's in bloom but have seen nothing say for a very small amount of tiny yellow buttercup-looking flowers and only a few at that. It is unseasonable warm and my bees have been out in this high dessert area for almost a month looking for forage.

I'm right on the border of Southern Idaho and Northern Nevada at about 5300 ft elevation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An interesting site I came across, shows useful info to me in Southern NV, but just click on Northern NV from this link:

http://honeybeenet.gsfc.nasa.gov/Honeybees/Forage.htm
Thank you, that link was really interesting. I saved for future use. I wasn't familiar with MANY of those plants. I'll have to start looking them up so I can spot them better when I see the blooms. It did say willow can be going by February, but around our elevation, the buds are just starting to swell, so I still don't know what the bees are on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts