Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my third summer with bees, so I'm still pretty new at this. I have something in one of my hives I haven't seen before. Small white grubs of some type, maybe half a dozen or so on the bottom board. They don't look alive, and have no identifiable features other than that they remind me of the wax worms I sometime use for ice fishing.

Can someone tell me what's up?

Thanks!
cdykstra

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is my third summer with bees, so I'm still pretty new at this. I have something in one of my hives I haven't seen before. Small white grubs of some type, maybe half a dozen or so on the bottom board. They don't look alive, and have no identifiable features other than that they remind me of the wax worms I sometime use for ice fishing.

Can someone tell me what's up?

Thanks!
cdykstra
Could be bee larvae, wax moth larvae or perhaps even shb larvae. For a better estimate, please post some pictures or provide a link of what you are seeing, so we may better help you.

...JP

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not too handy with the camera, but I'll give it a try. If it makes a difference, this is a package from Texas I installed about a month ago. So far it's not really doing much, although the queen is present and laying.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts