Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Hives of Apis mellifera with some Africanization
5,531 Posts
I place them in various places. In three comb/frame mating nucs, I like to have them on the center frame with bees on both comb faces, where it is on one of the comb faces. I also like to place them immediately adjacent to brood, but not destroy any brood to accommodate them, if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I like to put my cells in a brood frame, as close to the top as possible, but still withing the brood, not into the honey cap. The few capped brood cells that I will destroy with the queen cells wont be missed. When I am placing cells into spring splits, this year nearly 700 cells in less than 12 hours, i dont have time to search for a spot where i wont destroy brood. So the go onto a brood frame, as close to the center of the hive as possible, and as close to the top of the frame, while remaining in brood.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Depends on temp. If night time temps are to be below 50 I put them on side of frame in brood. If nights are 50 plus i set it between top bars in middle of hive over brood. Lot quicker this way. This is cells emerging within 12 hours or so.

Johnny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.