Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Doing a little planning for Spring and could use some input from the Beesource braintrust.

I like using the Nicot-style equipment for queen-rearing and have an ample supply of cell cups, roller cages, etc. I am looking for a source for the cell cup holders. Not the tan Nicot product, but the yellow knock offs. I can't seem to find a source that sells only the cell cup holders---rather they are typically sold as a set with the roller cage and cell bar holder (like in picture) and its hard to justify pay $1 each for a little pc of yellow plastic. Thanks!

Drinkware Product Material property Cylinder Font

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,882 Posts
Ron, would these work? They do not look exactly like the Nicot cups I have.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I bought complete sets of knockoff stuff from amazon that was much less than $1 per. If you search "Sunflower Nicot" a bunch will come up. I used them last summer without issue but I think I prefer just the plain old JZBZ cups.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron, would these work? They do not look exactly like the Nicot cups I have.

I appreciate that John, but they're not quite the same thing. In fact, I'm not familiar with this style. They're not JZBZ but not Nicot style either.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought complete sets of knockoff stuff from amazon that was much less than $1 per. If you search "Sunflower Nicot" a bunch will come up. I used them last summer without issue but I think I prefer just the plain old JZBZ cups.
Thanks for the feedback. I think I may have made my initial purchase from them, then bought a bunch of roller cages and cage caps later--enough for several years of queen rearing. I didn't see just the yellow cup holders though. I guess I'll keep looking and hope to get lucky.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
6,882 Posts
I realize now you needed the holder, not the cup. I was having a senior moment!

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Have a look on Amazon. What I ordered is probably not all that good a price but irrelevant for the numbers I will need. I think there are some larger volumes of separate items.
SODIAL 155pcs Plastic Queen Rearing System Cultivating Box Cell Cups Bee Catcher Cage Beekeeping Tool Equipment

Brand: SODIAL(R)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have a look on Amazon. What I ordered is probably not all that good a price but irrelevant for the numbers I will need. I think there are some larger volumes of separate items.
SODIAL 155pcs Plastic Queen Rearing System Cultivating Box Cell Cups Bee Catcher Cage Beekeeping Tool Equipment

Thank for the info. Can't seem to locate the separate items. Still looking...

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
You will probably be overun with other suggestions once you search a few times in beekeeping items!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts