Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source to buy those 5 frame cardboard nuc boxes wholesale? I know I can get them at the usual retailers, but looking for a price break on bigger quantities.
PM's are fine
Thad

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can buy direct from the factories that make them through alibaba.com. They even have a rfq feature that lets you collect a ton of quotes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The minimum order quantities are all over the board, anywhere from 1 to several thousand. there is obviously a price break per unit when you order in quantity. the shipping is not worth it in my experience for anything under 100. as your dealing with individual factories first hand, the prices can vary pretty wildly. i have seen nucs go from 2 dollars a piece to 7. its a pretty straight forward process to get a quote, and you do get to talk to people, go on and see what you can get, just remember to see what shipping will cost. for the quantaties i was ordering it ended up being cheaper to wait for a sale at mannlake.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input everyone.
The jesters are great, but hard to swallow the cost of making a few hundred

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just ordered 10 Mann Lake boxes because my wallet sphincter closed up when I tallied the Jesters with shipping. I hope they work out, came to about $11 per box.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I've never used these but you can get 25 for $125 plus shipping from Ohio. Just plain cardboard so probably
not as durable as the Jester boxes.

http://www.mdasplitter.com/nuc_boxes.php
I've used many hundred of these. sufficient for nuc sales. Better ventilation than Jester's. But, I used waxed, sold by Brushy. Anyone else selling waxed?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've been getting the waxed ones from Brushy for 5 or 6 years and they by far have the best ventilation.

Mike- Mel has the waxed ones as well. He's pricing them with shipping for me now. You can contact him at [email protected]

The Mann Lake boxes don't have near as much ventilation as the mda box.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I emailed bee-pros. See what happens. Dadant and the other Blue Sky don't have them on their website. No phone number to call. Don't seem like they want to sell them. Just a side gig probably. I let you know if they mail me back.

·
Registered
328 Posts
They emailed back. $7.50 by the pallet. January probably before they can deliver. I wonder how much plastic would sweat in Louisiana? Maybe in the shade only.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
With the cardboard nuc, don't seal a nuc in the night before a sale because they will often chew out a ventilation hole and make an exit hole. It's not so bad if you detect it before the customer puts it in the car's back seat and leaves for home, but if you don't, new beekeepers tend to panic when they suddenly have bees all over the windshield.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Thad, how many are you looking for?
Unless you're ready to order thousands in one order, or take your chances strait from china, going with mann lake or strait from mda splitter, mel Disselken(spelling?) would be your best bet.

Also make sure you contact them directly and tell them you are looking for skid quantities. If they know that the pallet will be sold as a whole unit and not opened they can move more on the price.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts