Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where Can I Buy Bulk White Beeswax in Canada

Does anyone know where I can purchase bulk white beeswax in Canada for making my candles? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Macgregor Wax works in Macgregor MB
Alberta beeswax in of course, Alberta
beemaid honey in Winnpeg, edmonton alberta, and some place in Saskatchewn
Western Wax works in alberta

there are some places to start. I do not know of any out east sorry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying honeyshack.

I tried Beemaid, however, they all get there filtered wax from Western Wax Works. When I called Western they said that they are currently shutdown, not taking orders, and don't think that they will start up again. I was sad and disappointed to hear that.

I tried MacGregor Wax Works awhile back, and they mentioned that they were under a commercial contract and no longer supplied wax to small companies.

Alberta Beeswx is too expensive.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
oohhh that is going to hurt where Mac gregor is concerned. We buy our white from him. I heard that his filtering tank for candle wax had needed repairs and unless he got a combined order of 5000# he was not fixing it. I have been patiently waiting for hubby to call him and find out what is up.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I talked with Mac Gregor Wax works yesterday. Because there has been such an outcry for the filtered wax, they will be repairing the filtering tanks during the shut down in May. Then they will again be processing filtered wax. I know that does not help you now, but by summer early fall of 2010 there should be wax again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Where Can I Buy Bulk White Beeswax in Canada

Hi,

a few years later! We have a commercial honey and wax rendering farm in the Southwest corner of Manitoba. We render beeswax for ourselves and other beekeepers in our area. Are you in need of pure beeswax?

Prairie Sun Beeswax

Ted & Joanna Turnbull

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Where Can I Buy Bulk White Beeswax in Canada

Hi,

a few years later! We have a commercial honey and wax rendering farm in the Southwest corner of Manitoba. We render beeswax for ourselves and other beekeepers in our area. Are you in need of pure beeswax?

Prairie Sun Beeswax

Ted & Joanna Turnbull
what is your minimum order quantity

1 - 13 of 13 Posts