Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings beelings! First-timer here with a newly-installed pkg of Italians in a Langstroth and an empty KTBH awaiting my first swarm collection. My goal is to capture a feral swarm, because any colony that lived through our eight months of winter this year (just ended two weeks ago! Thanks for asking!) will be strong enough to withstand anything...true survivalists!

BTW, Antimony is in Utah north of Bryce Canyon Nat. Park, population 150. I'm from San Fran. Yes, it's a bit of an adjustment.:pinch:

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
BTW, Antimony is in Utah north of Bryce Canyon Nat. Park, population 150. I'm from San Fran. Yes, it's a bit of an adjustment.:pinch:
I thought that it was just down the road from Lead and Tin. And just south of Palimony.

Welcome. Quite a name. Do you know the history? Is there an antimony mine there?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know. My whole life until 7 yrs ago resided in the SF Bay Area and Santa Rosa areas. I was terribly spoiled.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. It used to be called Coyote (cool name!!) until antimony was discovered in the local canyon. There's still a supply, it's just not needed. It's also pronounced the country way: an'-uh-moe-nee. If I mentioned the metal, I'd just get blank looks. We've had it miscalled: Alimony, and someone called it Anatomy (hee hee). Now, where are those other places you mentioned?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rock on!

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
I spent a year in Escalante one summer if ya know what I mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts