Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have tp take out a frame to fit it into the hive? I assume not but don't see an obvous spot for it.Thanks.
Also- is there a chart that explains the differences between NZ, Hawaiian, Italian etc queen stock?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put the patties in my hive,laying on top of the frames under the inner cover. That's the way they did it at the University of MN where I took my Intro to Beekeeping class.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Dennis, you should edit your profile to show your location. This is very important so that proper advice can be given.

I don't use suppliments, but as a rule if there is anything blooming and bees bringing in pollen, you don't need them in your hives.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
>>rule if there is anything blooming and bees bringing in pollen, you don't need them in your hives.

I agree, they will ignore it completely.

But, I have one on my hive throughout the early spring, for the possible extended periods the bees may be confined to the hives. This will allow continued consumption without completely exahusting their stores.

Saved me last year, and again it is being readily consumed during this years unfortunate weather...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts