Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,120 Posts
Try doing a search on the FGMO forum. I think you'll find this question asked and answered a few hundred times. At least the oil question. The thymol one is a newer question but it's been asked about 10 times.

Sorry, I don't have the answer handy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I emailed Dr.Rodriguez about this same question and this is what he emailed me back, hope this helps you, if not email him [email protected]
Deanna

>>>FGMO may be purchased from STE Oil, San Marcos Texas, (1-800-967-1931). Please allow me to suggest getting a gallon. Thymol, you may obtain by making a $20.00 donation (per hundred grams bottle), plus a small fee for shipping to The Virginia Non-Profit Honey Bee Research Corporation. You should not need more than a gallon of FGMO and 100 grams of thymol for the number of hives that you have.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Hey Flewster! I have four gallons of FGMO and a fogger for sale. I'm 38 miles east of Emporia if you want to come out Sunday and get it. Save your reciept and take the fogger back, you can have mine for half price. You can have my oil for half price too!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I think if you are not going to religiously fog every week, make and USE the cords, (splitting the boxes to change them out), buying and adding thymol to the mixture, then don't bother.

Before the good doctor decided that he had to add the thymol he was very adamit that the process worked, chastizing everyone who questioned his process. Then he had to start making changes that he very clearly said before were not needed.

Maybe it works, maybe it's just hooey. The faithful will swear by it and the rest of us will just ignore it. I see no reason to waste my time with foggers, cords, oil, thymol, flaming, and fumes on a weekly basis, when one or two applications of OA per year will do a better job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts