Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to purchase small square comb honey containers to sell comb honey! I was wanting to know where i could find such containers that i need for a good price??? Any links to the product would be helpful!! So far all i have seen is what is at the beekeeping stores and i think they want entirely way too much money for the quanity of containers that you would receive! I believe i seen 50 crystal round containers for 50 bucks...I would have to add a $1.00 to my price per package to make up for the cost of the containers. Way too much!! I know there has to be something out there where you can buy atleast 100 plastic containers for $25 as an example..There has to be! Any help here would be appreciated! Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks honeyman46408, they look to be just the right size thats needed for comb honey also and the price is a heck of alot better!! If you ever ordered from there, Do you have any idea what the shrink band looks like since there is no image photo???? So far thats the best price i have seen so far unless someone comes up with another link source that could be cheaper!

I was thinking off those containers that them food services use when stocking them vending machines full of those sandwichs or them soy burgers!

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I have always bought from "Lapps" and never used the shrink band.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have found that most of my customers prefer "chunk" honey. Just put the pieces of comb in a jar and fill with honey. Attractive and quick seller. It is amazing how many people have never seen it until I explain it to them.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far i have the Mann Lake SKU: CN-219-PLASTIC CUT COMB BOX at $1.09 EACH...Can anyone find a cheaper plastic comb box or/Hinged Container for comb honey/cut comb/chunk honey etc...??????? I believe there should be something out there thats cheaper!! I would like to get about 100 but with that price i would have to cut back some cause of still needing to purchase the front label and the back nutrition labels. Thanks for all your help!

UPDATE: How about this one???? I just found this on the walter kelleys Website!
(roughly .60 cents per container)
https://products.kelleybees.com/wtkprod/detail.aspx?item=510

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dadant & Sons has them. Thats where I buy mine. I would look online but call to order. It is quicker than the website ordering. Not sure why about that. Mann Lake is REALLY expensive! Dadants is half the price for clamshell box's.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Smart and Final - tens cents each.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts