Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to sell few bee packages this year and since this would the first time I don’t know where I can buy the equipment from. It looks that bee stores around don’t have on their catalogs (syrup cans, boxes where bees are poured in, etc). Thanks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Alot of beekeepers make their on screened boxes ,and have a canning machine to pack sugar water.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Bump!

Someone provided a link to this question about 4-5 days ago about who actually makes the screened wood boxes for package bees?

I searched all over on the internet but I can't find the link. It was with a photo and everything. Anybody know,.. or remember? Maybe it was on another forum? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think I saw some on E-Bay. I have 3 or 4 I could ship to you. Don't know if it would bee worth the trouble. Maybee we could start a recycling thing and trade for bees???? or discounted price.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Some package suppliers will make a sugar candy(granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and water boiled to the right temp) that is poured into the can. After cooling it will harden enough so it will not fall out yet it is soft enough for the bees to use and you don't need a can lidding machine. The large suppliers of package bees that make their own cages might sell them empty. If you only need a small amount you could post a ad in the wanted section here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts