Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of us who has needed to do searches on this site has seen posts from individuals who are unfamiliar names to us - those that either get burned out answering the same questions year in and out, or who are no longer in the business.

Without naming names (so many to include, and shameful to forget), let us give non-denominational thanks to those individuals who still remain and somehow find the fortitude to answer these same questions us ignorants pose year-in and year-out, regardless of their differences in opinion.

You are a credit to your profession - whether it be a hobby, a livelihood, or just a scientific endevour. Thank you all for helping me enjoy my bees just a little bit more and happy holidays.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm one of those new guys and yes thanks to everyone that took the time to answer my "mundane" questions. It suddenly hit me the other day because I was thinking about asking another probably "mundane" question for most.....this site has a search tool...DO A SEARCH ON THE QUESTION YOU HAVE BEFORE YOU POST...:doh::doh::doh:

Happy holidays from the Texas panhandle.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
>Observation is a wonderful teacher, understanding is a better gift . . .
I would like to add - Knowledge is a wonderful gift, understanding cannot be explained :)

I have been here for a while, and am also grateful for the many that help.

BUT, if no "newbees" were here, asking question, there would only be a few grouchy, insulting, ole coots, here fussing about the weather.

Thanx to ALL the newbees.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We may disagree on how we say it, how we feel it or how we express it, but from what this newbee reads on these posts, weather, this time of year, is probably the only subject of non-contention.

If only for the opportunity to give thanks and love to our friends, family and 'sidewinders' (if you ever saw the movie) - present and past, I would prefer to be a bear this time of year and wake up hungry in the spring - or in the middle of a bee cluster.

I think I remembered yesterday what I was supposed to do tomarrow.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm one of those new guys and yes thanks to everyone that took the time to answer my "mundane" questions. It suddenly hit me the other day because I was thinking about asking another probably "mundane" question for most.....this site has a search tool...DO A SEARCH ON THE QUESTION YOU HAVE BEFORE YOU POST...:doh::doh::doh:

Happy holidays from the Texas panhandle.
It is most likely that you will end up asking the same, mundane, question - just try and be creative and ask it in a way that gets the oldbeeks to start pontificating;)

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
just try and be creative and ask it in a way that gets the oldbeeks to start pontificating
ROFL....and oh how we love to pontificate!! Now that is funny!

It is a wonderful resource with almost immediate access to the answers sought. I recall when I started there was no internet so....one would encounter something unusual in a hive and would immediately run into the house and get out ones bee books in hope of finding an answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts