Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 1 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting my first try at grafting queen cells. I grafted on Monday, April 6th about 21 cells, and placed in strong hive above a queen excluder.
Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating with my plans next week to remove the capped cells on the 15th. The forecast is to be in the mid 50's on that day. It won't get to the 60's until the 18th. Would it be advisable to remove the not yet capped cells on the 11th, which would be day 6, or take a chance and remove them on the 18th, which would be day 13 after grafting? My hive are located in southern Indiana, near Louisville. Thank you for any
advice or suggestions. Mary
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.