Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am around Athens and it looks like the flow is slowing down. Should I go ahead and extract for the season or wait a few more weeks? Thanks for any advise :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Sumac is just now starting and clover will last as long was we get some rain every three or four days. Also some sourwood trees at lower elevations will produce nectar which would get mixed in with the clover/sumac. I would wait but not add a large honey super just a shallow body if they are out of room. Also if they have popped a swarm that you missed they will slow way down and your hive is done for the summer.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top