Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
For me, it's the fall honey primarily from goldenrod and aster. It is a bit darker and has a butterschotch flavor...yum.

My second favorite is from the spring, but I don't quite know what it comes from.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
clover/goldenrod blend

I haven't tasted very many honeys lately. I'm thinking that real sourwood honey is quite tasty. And tupelo too.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My favorite local honey comes from wildflowers. I really like the darker honey like buckwheat but it is not grown in my area so I have to get it at the supermarket.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I've tasted lots and lots of honeys from all over the world, and I like them all. Hard to pick a favorite, but if I must, I'd say Fireweed from the pacific northwest and lavender from France (the real stuff, not the garbage sold to the tourists) are really high on my list. Also, and its hard to say this without getting accused of self-promoting, but the spring harvest from southeast VA is consistently some of the best.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Just had my first taste of Eucalyptus. Pretty interesting.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have to admit that my favorite honey comes from my own back yard.I also like goldenrod last year used it to make some creamed honey yummy!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like a lot of different honeys. But I would have to say, my absolute favorite jar of honey, is the one I just sold!:D

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
One I will never have again is sow thistle which was buttery and thick and golden. The kind of farming that allowed them to bloom after the small grains were harvested is gone. I like to just annoint my pancakes with strong buckwheat honey before adding a different surp or honey. That is fine! I say surp for syrup in honor of my friend from Tennessee who speaks a totally different language than I.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
(real) Sourwood, and High Mountain Desert New Mexico wildflower..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts