Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this hive for 3 months and have spent every day sitting next to the hive watching them work making sure they are bringing in pollen and such and just enjoying the wonder of them up untill 2 weeks ago they have been getting more aggressive by they day I get blasted daily and I don't even have to get close to the hive the hive is about 25 feet from my back porch and I can be standing on my back porch then all of a sudden I get blasted 3-4 times can someone tell me what has happened to my once so docile bees

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
They turned mean......:scratch:
I have noticed once the flow slows they become much more defensive with nothing to do. However, seeking you out at 25 feet while minding your own business seems a little over the top. What are they and where did they come from?

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
It's possible they got taken over from AHB's perhaps? Or maybe they have started replacing the queen and are now in a queenless mode? Have you checked inside to see what's up in there?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My last inspection was last Monday and she was in the hive great brood pattern plenty of eggs tons of pollen and some capped honey no super cells or cups and no drones or drone brood

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
"[C]an someone tell me what has happened to my once so docile bees"
May be hive entrance low to the ground allowing varmints to molest the bees without exposing their belly to stings; over manipulation of the hive by you; dearth; heat; honey to protect; and overly aggressive bees. I would requeen now so that fewer of the ornery bees will overwinter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts