Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

what's a fair price for drawn comb?

3462 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  BjornBee
G
A fellow beekeeper here in Liberty Mo wants to sell some of his equipment. He's got medium super frames with drawn comb for sale at $18 each. Sad. I wanted to buy a set, but not for $180. Do you think this is a fair market price?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
53,472 Posts
>I go by three method. 3 dollars for used super. 6 dollars for used super and frames. 9 dollars for used supers, frames and drawn usable comb.
>Anything more than its not worth it when clean-up time and possible desease problems come in to play.

When you can buy a new super for $6 (Western Bee supply) and one with frames for $12 (same) it's not worth paying any more than half that price for used. Drawn comb is a nice thing to have, but I can buy fully drawn permanant plastic comb (PermaComb) for $3.50 a comb in quantities of 10. And the wax moths and the small hive beetles can't touch it. In large quantities I can get it for $3 a comb. And I thought THAT was expensive but worth it. I wouldn't pay any more than those prices for wax that the moths will likely devastate anyway.

· Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
53,472 Posts
I just bought two van loads of old bee equipment and a small trailer load for $200. Quite a few boxes, lids, stands including a couple of pollen traps that were new in the box and a stack of old American Bee Journals (which I already had). But some of them are quite a mess and some are quite nice. The mice had really messed some of them up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.