Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new package on 4-10-2010. On 4-14 the Queen had been released didnt see any eggs or the Queen had some comb drawn and necture and pollen stored. On 4-17 rechecked hive found queen and eggs alot of eggs one single egg in cells all looked good. on 4-22 I plan on checking hive what would be the norm to find how many frames should be drawn and what should I see and on average how much of it thanx in advance'

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can't be to much of an Old Dog since you can see the eggs in new comb. That’s really a chore for me. I have to pull out a magnifying glass to see new eggs in white comb. Sounds like the bees are doing great. After seeing eggs, I'd just leave them alone for a while. Well, maybe just a peek to see where they are working without pulling frames.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
831 Posts
I agree with Jerry. You saw what you needed to see a few days ago, the queen and eggs. I would wait a couple of weeks for another inspection, and I'm sure there will be much more to see at that time.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,108 Posts
http://www.bushfarms.com/beesexpectations.htm

Expectations are the leading cause of dissapointment.

"Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed"--Alexander Pope

Basically they may fill half of a 10 frame deep in about two or three weeks. But they may not. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked the bees today they have 4 frames of brood,eggs,larva and pollen drawn out and starting on the fifth frame. What is funny is the way they are doing it they started on one end and or going in order 12345. Working thire way across most they say start in the middle. But every thing looks good on the home front got to pick up my nuc hive on the 30th. I am really having fun with this sometimes I sit in a chair next to the hive and watch the bees go in and out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts