Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my wife were out side watching one of our hives when we noticed three bees come flying out as if they where fighting. They hit the ground and we watched them there was two bees attacking this very small bee that looked as if had not been alive very long it still looked very small. The other two bees attacked her for a few minutes. I thought maybe it was some type of insect other than a bee the were killing nope it was one of there on. After they left I picked the small bee up she was just trying to survive but was about to die so I ended it for her. Why did my bees do this what where they doing?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Well, she could have been from another hive. I accidentially crushed on girl today, but not all the way and they did the same thing. If she didn't smell right, they would go after her....

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Most likely a robber bee from another hive. Bees will often drift from one hive to another but if they show up at the wrong door with nectar or pollen the guard bees will admit them. If they show up looking to rob they will be attacked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts