Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my first 3 hives this year and I was never sure about placement or what to watch for so it's been a true learning experience. I had placed 2 hives together that I thought would be a good location, but it turns out that they don't really have a lot of flowering going on around them and they're hauling in very minimal pollen. The one that I have in a different location started slow with some queen-less problems, but now queened it seems to be catching up. We have had a lot of rain with relatively cool temps for the last couple of weeks, but I have been wondering if I should move the 2 over to the other location. I'm afraid they're not going to have any honey stores for Winter since they have none yet, then what do I do. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'm afraid they're not going to have any honey stores for Winter since they have none yet, then what do I do. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike
How much honey do they have now vs how much honey they need to overwinter? Before I would feed, I would make sure they are behind.

Shane

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They may have a little in the main hive, but nothing in the second deep. I haven't pulled the main hive body apart to really look.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Might be best to have a good look. Ask some of your local beeks how their bees are progressing. Since they are new hives feeding might not be a bad option.

·
Registered
641 Posts
How far apart are the two sites?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts