Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't shoot a 1 1/2" staple into you're thumb. Like I just did.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Owww, Owww, Owww, I'll be sure to keep you in mind when I'm working with the nail gun.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was you're plans I was building. :)

·
Banned
2,668 Posts
Don't shoot a staple into your thumb...

Ok, I'll bite. If not into the thumb, which body part is it acceptable to shoot a staple into?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Several years ago I shot a 16Penny nail through my index finger. Tried to pull it out with the claw hammer, No dice. So I tried a pair of pliers, wasn't happening. So I drove myself to the emergency room with the nail in my left hand while having to shift gears with my right, now there's a fun time. Anyway the female doctor using a pair of pliers, a great amount of force, and no numbing of the finger, yanked and yanked until she finally got it out, all the while I was screaming like a little girl.
A couple of weeks later I ran in to an E.R. nurse that was there and she told me that about a week later another guy came in with a nail in his finger and the same doctor numbed the hell out of his finger. So I don't know if she learned from my screaming that it is really painful, or just didn't like me for some reason.
I wish I knew where my picture of it are, I have a copy of the x-ray but no way to post it.

I feel your pain
Blueline

·
Registered
375 Posts
LOL! I'm sorry, I'm laughing with ouy, because I've done the same thing! The darn thing is numb in that spot, now. I can say that I've never done it since.

Hope you heal up quick. I know that hurts like the dickens.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Dude! You have over 4000 postings on Beesource; you should be immune to such things.

Wrap it with Bacon and PM me in the morning.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
and those darn staple holes just bleed and bleed and bleed. I've done that a few times :doh:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Never got myself with the air nailer/stapler yet but I did have a kickback on a circular saw a few years ago that went through my hand.Doctor said it was like sewing hamburger back together.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wrap it with Bacon and PM me in the morning.

and those darn staple holes just bleed and bleed and bleed. I've done that a few times :doh:
They dang sure do. It was a bleeder!

Thats why I screw my stuff. Slower? Yep. Stapled or nail in finger? Nope.
90% of the time I screw them too. I was at work and this is what I had handy. Probably shouldn't have been building nucs at work. Karma! :D

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Several years ago I shot a 16Penny nail through my index finger. Tried to pull it out with the claw hammer, No dice. So I tried a pair of pliers, wasn't happening. So I drove myself to the emergency room with the nail in my left hand while having to shift gears with my right, now there's a fun time. Anyway the female doctor using a pair of pliers, a great amount of force, and no numbing of the finger, yanked and yanked until she finally got it out, all the while I was screaming like a little girl.
A couple of weeks later I ran in to an E.R. nurse that was there and she told me that about a week later another guy came in with a nail in his finger and the same doctor numbed the hell out of his finger. So I don't know if she learned from my screaming that it is really painful, or just didn't like me for some reason.
I wish I knew where my picture of it are, I have a copy of the x-ray but no way to post it.
I feel your pain
Blueline
That's a great story! Pliers is how I got mine out. A co-worker with the pliers. I held my wrist between my legs tight and told him on the count of 3 you pull it fast. He pulled slower than I wanted him to but it pulled right out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts