Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to those that helped me with the last flower I needed help with. Can anyone tell me what kind of flower this one is? The bees seem to enjoy it this time of year. Thanks, juzzer

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
This is Liatris spicata or Blazing Star. It's a North American native to eastern and central states. The bees seem to like it as much as we do.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is Liatris spicata or Blazing Star. It's a North American native to eastern and central states. The bees seem to like it as much as we do.
My garden is full of those and I have not seen any honeybees on them. I see many natives bees hitting them hard. I planted for my honeybees though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick response. My mom saw them and wasn't sure it were bumbles or honeybees on the flowers she saw.....they ended up being bumbles. I guess I need to educate her more on the differences. She did purchase some recently for planting and I am eager to get some in the ground as well since they are so cool looking, whether the honeybees will enjoy them or not. It looks like a blossom that would offer something to honeybees. juzzer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts