Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an Old extractor at an auction sale. I am new to beekeeping. The company name is The Standard Churn Co, Wapakoneta, Ohio. It is green and there is one basket in the middle that is 12" across. The extractor measures 14 1/4" across & 25 1/2" high. It is galvanized metal painted green on the outside. Is this a one frame extractor or how do you do you put more? Has anyone seen one like this?
Carol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had thought of that but my camera went to Alaska with my son yesterday. I am going to try find someone with a camera. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,000 Posts
My guess is that it's at least a 2 frame extractor unless the basket is triangular.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks exactly like that with the exception of the inside. My inside has one basket across the middle that tilts to the side to put in your frames. I am going to get my sisters camera to post pics.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have the same extractor. it is intended for two frames laid flat againt the basket. if you do it that way turn the handle verry slowly and flip your frames at least twice or you will destroy your frames. i put mine in top bar frames out on oposit ends of the basket. its a tight fit but it will work. good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I got a camera and will post a pic thurs of the inside. I will try fitting the frames in the way you explained but had measured them and they were 6 1/2" wide. Is that the width of your frames. It was a plastic frame I measured and not wood. Thank you so much, Carol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am sorry I don't know how to add the pic's on this site. I have only used email and my son is in Alaska. Is there someone I could email you the pics that you could post for me. Sorry, Carol

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have only used deep frames in mine. yours should be easyer to use but you will have to be creative in the way you use spacers to hold the frames in place. i use top bars between the frames. its not prety but it will work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts