Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not enjoying some of my “hobbies” nearly as much as I used too.....getting old!

Hunting, shooting, reloading, casting bullets, rv’ing/travel, boating/fishing, gardening, and used to be into photography! memtb

·
Registered
9 Posts
This site tells me Sa/Sun is too cold to inspect.

Guess what?
I will disregard the advice as irrelevant and inspect anyway.

Good application development exercise (good for the IT resume, for sure) but it is missing the point of the beekeeping being a local affair (down to the micro-level) and a personal circumstance.

On this same note, I get ads about fishing simulator apps on my phone.
I will pass on this virtual fishing experience as the real fishing pond is only 10 minutes away by foot.
Real fish are biting like crazy.
:)
Hello GregV,

I think you missed a major point of the application, in the top right corner is a gear icon, this allows you to access the settings. Here you can update ALL of the Optimal/Viable conditions to make it perfect for you. This means the site will recalculate all the Optimal/Viable/Inadvisable inspectiong conditions based on exactly what works for you. Since I do know beekeeping is a personal afair.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I was asked to share our trains in another post but thought it might be better to start one on other hobbies.

View attachment 54559 View attachment 54561
Here are 2 pictures of our trains from this past Christmas.
The Red covered bridge is 6' long and the light house is 3' tall.
I cut all 110 of the bents in the 45' of trestle.
About half of the town buildings are wood cut and built to 1/2" scale. ( 1/2" = 1' in real life)
Very nice.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Elmer _fud: Just foraging around the site during a thunderstorm and saw your coment. I am glad I got Camping/hiking/backpacking in earlier. I have gotten older and stopped. But recently I thought, hell, just do not try to go so far in a day - pick some good weather - especially cooler to colder.

I like to make things - design and build. I fix things and grow things. I resurrected my veggie garden and have been rebuilding my AirStream's plumbing system, almost done; great for taking up North to mountains, lakes and seaside. Best of all is my new hobby bees and learning - it may be a substitute for my past career. I really like learning about the physics of the bee hive and biology of bees.

Rain is over back to chores - there is always weeds to tend to.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts