Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have tasted some this year from friends and the color was black, it reminded me of eating sugar beet molasses when I was a kid. [feeding to milk cows]

Konrad

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The buckwheat we get up here is exactly as M. Bush says - blackstrap molasses. The strange thing is that I couldn't put my finger on what the scent was until I read this. My wife's favorite honey is buckwheat, so I have a lot to compare it to.

·
Banned
6,073 Posts
It was dark, and reminded me of that old table syrup that came in a red can that I remember at my gandma's house when I was younger. After much hype and listening to comments made over the years, I was dissappointed.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think most people either like it or hate it. Ours is pretty dark much like motor oil and tastes ummm like backstrap molasses to me . I like it in coffee but a little goes a long way. I know every year I run out of it as it sells very well at the farmers market. My son raids my buckwheat supply when he visits as he likes it on toast. I also get some bamboo and although that is almost as dark the taste is different sweeter. ...Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts