Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides your head?

Typically us beekeepers and beehavers only get the occasional honeybee in our veils with us. I want to hear what other odd critters have been in there with you?

This past week I had a scorpion in my veil with me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Its also hard to get rid of dip through the veil. But to answer your question a big honking spider. I changed clothes quicker than superman.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I keep a bucket with wax scrapings etc..., time to time wax moth get in it. I've been keeping my hat and veil in the trunk with it at times, put it on the other day and swore something was crawling around on my head, and later had a wax moth larva repelling down on a strand of silk along with a few cocoons attached here and there.....

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
sunflower seed shells. one day while i was wearing my veil a bird landed on my head, and then did it again a minute later. my son thought it was hilarious.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do scorpions live in NY?
No. I was in Georgia all last week working my bees. I put my veil on to work a yard early one morning and before too long I see something long and crawling in the upper right side of my veil. I thought it had the shape of a scorpion so I got back away from the bees and pulled my veil off to take a better look. There is was, a smaller one but I was like huh. How the heck did that thing crawl into my veil? Its not like I leave my jacket on the ground or even outside at night time. It always goes in the back seat of my truck when I am done with it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
One day I had a small hole in my blue jeans. It was fine until I tripped on a concrete block. Well I guess 7 bees went in because that's how many stings I got. LOL. The problem was after they stung me they kept crawling until I quit working to get them out. I was brand new at the time and didn't handle it too good. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts